Dreams are not Dreams

<i>Dreams are not Dreams</i>
Dreams are not Dreams

Thursday 2 March 2023

Demoralised? No!

 So it's March 2nd, the day after my first ever release onto Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

The stats are not looking good:



Am I upset? No.

Am I demoralised? No.

Why not? It's only day one.

The whole purpose of the exercise was to break the ice, get something out there and see how it works. I need to work out how to publicise, how to tempt people to read my work and leave me a review or two.

I'm hoping that favourable reviews will lead to more readers.

At the end of the day, I know there is a lag in the stats (I have at least one definite sale and two reviews which aren't visible yet) and at this point in time I'me giving the story away for free, so there's no money to be made anyway (I'm watching the 'Orders' and 'KENP Read' more than the 'Estimated royalties' numbers).

I'll stay tuned for updates.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment, but as a committed vegetarian I'd prefer if you avoided Spam.